Friday, May 12, 2006

Belle Arts Courtyard Fountain



It's the little things that add up to a good life. Right now I am loving the Zen-inspired fountain within the Belle Arts Apartments inner courtyard, here in Downtown Bellevue.

When I first moved in to this studio, the one large window was completely covered in an opaque, white tarp. Made it look deeply overcast all the time; very depressing.

When the tarp came down, I could actually see a very pretty courtyard below. There were tall standing rocks, a few European-like columns, bushes, fruit trees in flower, tall and lush grasses and lovely slate tile.

And then, just a few days ago, the management deigned to turn on the fountain: I'm in love. It sounds very romantic with water gently burbling out of those tall standing stones, to cascade onto the gravel pool below.




What a difference this makes! I have to keep the window wide open, even if it's chilly out - the better to hear the falling water. I do have a nature sound simulator, but this is really a bit better, being real sound in the real world. It may not be an actual mountain stream, but I'm not complaining. And it's sunny out today. What more could I want as I sit by the window and work?

4 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill, you are such a treasure. Only someone with your keen eye for the beauty of nature could find serenity in the middle of an apartment complex:)

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Sounds lovely. :) Right now I get the sounds of the complex remodeling the apt/condo right above us. Who knew it took a herd of elephants to lay down a roll of carpet? LOL But I still have the ducks. Miss u!

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger JillyFlorio said...

Thanks Ginger and Michelle. It's a nice little serene courtyard. But I'm also someone who thinks the sounds of traffic are like the susserance of the ocean. Michelle, you can pretend you live in a cave under the savannah, at an elephant watering hole. Why the hell not, eh? Say hi to the ducklings for me.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger The Yellows said...

Hi Jill, my hubby and I are interested in a unit in the bldg you live in w/the fountain. Are you happy there? Is the building managed well? Was this new construction or an apt turned condo situation? Do you have any advice to share? Thanks for taking the time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home